Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Controling Your Anger

Being able to control ones anger or frustration is a major thing. I've just begun to understand the importance of anger-management(If there ever was a term like that). I had always boasted about being a cool and calm guy. And most definitely have been into advicing people who are just too eager to lose their cool. Of late, after a couple of incidents its hit me hard that I'm not that cool after all.
The two incidents were very much different in its nature, But the one common factor was that it proved to me how fast I've started to get red. The first instance was a conversation with a friend when he said something and I just walked out enraged, with a couple of other friends looking at stunned. And the second instance happened on a public forum, wherein someone happened to criticize me. And I now wonder how I could have been such a pathetic bloke, that I had to give a reply and in a very harsh language. This has ended up most definitely tarnishing both our images.
I went on to apologise to both the people involved, but the damage had already been done. This brings a major questio. Is it the work pressure thats getting over me? I dont think so. Because I enjoy more on the job than elsewhere. But then why?
Now I'm sitting wondering whats the best anger-management technique(This word has already been coined :p)? I guess I should have taken a break in the second instance and let myself cool off. Or I could have spoken to the concerned people in a better way. Just keep yourself in control.
Let me take an oath not to get angry and get back control over myself. This will most definitely help myself and people associated to me from being subject to embarassing situations.

Signing off
Eddie....

No comments: