Friday, January 4, 2008

The Last Moments of my Life

It was 30 days after Fool's day. It was 3 am in the morning. I sat down at my study. I was about to pen down my will. It brought back memories of Emmy and Edda. I had sent them back to the Bavarian mountains in February. They would be safe there, I knew. I had also gotten a million marks to my account in Berchtesgaden. Had I betrayed them? It was just last night that I married Eva Braun right here. She had been a faithful friend for long. She decided to share her destiny with me. No, I realized. I have lived for a cause. I lived for my people. I started wrting. Martin Bormann, my most faithful comarade shall be the executor. He shall take what is necessary for my brothers, sisters and co-workers to lead a modest simple life. I chose my remains to be burnt right in this city, where I have served unto death. I finished at around 4am. I called Martin to be witness to this. He signed and I handed over the will to him.
I went over to my bed and lay there holding Eva tight. We slept. It was afternoon that day when I sent for Bormann. I had lunch with my secretaries and dietician. Eva was not there. She did not want to have anything. But I had to spend time with the people who had stood by me. A few minutes after lunch, I summoned all of them. They were in a sullen mood. I had to tell them again. I had to tell them WE HAD LOST. It was the most painful truth. 12years of struggle had to end this way. But I had done justice. I knew people would remember me. For good or bad. But they would.
I went back to my study. Eva was there I kissed her on the cheek. We sat beside each other for what seemed like eternity, hand in hand. We came out and I was dressed as usual in my uniform jacket and black trousers. Eva was wearing a blue dress with white trimmings. We said goodbye to Bormann, Joseph and Goebbels, Burgdorf and Krebs. We slowly walked into the bunker as the men looked at us with tears. We walked in. Closed the door behind us and sat in the sofa. We held hands and sat for a couple of minutes.
Then I took out the 7.65mm Walther pistol. I did not think much I pointed it to her temple and pulled the trigger. She seemed extremely calm as she fell back. I kissed her motionless body and turned the revolver onto my head. But I knew I would be born again. I would be born in 1983. It would be in the India. I would make the world dance to my tunes the next time. I would be more than Fuehrer next time. And I pulled the trigger.

2 comments:

CHIC-HANDSOME said...

have great week-end

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.