Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Revenge

"Is it always like this? Is it the same way for every one else?" I used to think. I could almost see misery everywhere. Were the others too suffering like me? Most of them were I knew. And I knew for sure.
Does he love me as he claims to? I really cant be sure of that. I never can be. Every morning, every evening, he uses me. He says, he feels great. He tells his friends, I'm great. How disgusting? How can a man be so cheap? I would wonder.
But I am getting used to all this. Its been two years, we've been bonded. And bonded they say for life. The initial few months we were inseparable. He would take very good care of me. Take me out. Introduce me to his friends. They all secretly were jealous of him, I know. A few of them were giving me those looks, trying to grab my attention. Looking all over me. I felt a bit weird, feeling like an exhibition show piece. They were hitting one me. But he loved me a lot, I thought.
But as time went by, he began showing his true colors. Or so I thought. He did not care much about me. He would leave me all alone for hours together. He would just come to me when he wanted and would leave me somewhere or anywhere. He did not care. And then that dreaded day came. I knew it would come. I knew it. He let one of his friends have me. "Just one hour" I heard them say. It bought tears to my eyes. But I obeyed him like the ever faithful wife. What else could I do?
He thinks he owns me. And may be he really does. What else could I do? No where I could go, in this cruel world. "All men are the same" I knew it. Yes, I knew it.
And then one day, we were going hand in hand. I knew it was coming. I knew it was coming. But I could not take insult no more. I knew it was coming. I did not warn him. And then it was just a flash. I watch him, now lying in a pool of blood underneath the lorry, next to the divider. I too have been wounded, but no wound compared to what I have been through. I lie here looking at him die. I may never be the same again, but I got my revenge in the end.
And for all the times he took pleasure, I finally proved I am "DEFINITELY MALE".

No comments: